Fellow Republicans, as a result of Senator Dan Hemmert’s resignation and his appointment as the Director of the Governor’s Office of Economic Development, the Utah County Republican Party will be holding a special election to fill his seat. The timeline for this will be as follows.
- December 4, 2020
- Email goes out to all delegates in Senate 14 with schedule
- Press release goes to Daily Herald with information
- December 7, 2020 at 8 a.m.
- Link appears on website for candidates to declare their intent to run and to register. Click Here for Filing Form
- December 9, 2020 at 5 p.m.
- Candidate Registration closes and the link disappears.
- December 14 noon
- Campaign videos have to be sent to UCRP to be posted on the Delegate Central webpage.
- December 19, 2020 at 9 a.m.(subject to change)
- Virtual Meet the Candidates Event
- December 28, 2020 at midnight virtual polls open.
- December 29, 2020 at 5 p.m. the virtual polls close.
Each candidate must be able to serve per Utah State Statute and attend the Republican Senate Caucus on January 6, 2021.
We will attempt to hold these date to the best of our ability. If changes must be made, we will let all know as soon as possible.
Again, we thank Senator Hemmert for his fine service to our State and his willingness to take on this new and important challenge.